Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog 2 Happiness in Education =]

Many people think that if they pursue a good education they will attain a well standard job and career. Now of days some people lose their happiness in school because they major in a career that they think will pay the bills instead of the career they always dreamed to do. Everyone can be happy in achieving an education if they customize their education for themselves, and do occupations they love to do that will also sustain them in their future.  By analyzing what type of learner you are, your passions and your interest can show you how you can be happier in education.
                Everyone has a learning technique.  Some might be similar to others, and some might be completely different. I’m in the zone when I can do my homework in a place that’s not too noisy and not to quite. My room is an example; the TV needs to be on but not too loud. I like when teachers use pictures and videos in class because it helps me picture the topic and actually visualize the concept of what he/she is trying to teach.  I like to study with others and do mini outlines for a paper. My major is Physical Therapy and I love to sing and dance. I am currently with an organization called IMPACT Repertory Theatre where we sing, dance, act and also bring forth how to be a leader and change the world in a positive way. Although I perform with this organization, I would like to minor or major in dance at school. I also like to help others which is why I chose Physical Therapy as my major. I thought if I would do dance I would not be able to find a proper job because some teachers and parent said that it is better to be a doctor than an artist.
                We are persuaded at a very young age that if we pursue an education in health or mathematics we will get farther in life, rather than studying the arts.  We are also persuaded to be a rat racer and ignore the feeling of something we love to do that gives us pleasure. With us also pushing away that feeling we also lose our creativity.  In the video with Ken Robinson he states that human beings are growing out of creativity because we are afraid of being wrong and making mistakes. This can lead to the world to not flourishing properly. In the article of Happiness in Education it explains that in school children to need to follow that path that gives them pleasure and meaning.  Psychologist Csikszentmihalyi discovered "flow" and states, “When in a state of flow we enjoy both peak experience and peak performance: we experience pleasure and perform at our best.”  In this state we are doing something constructive that gives us enough of a challenge and is equal to our skill level; that does not make us feel anxiety or boredom.  This shows that people need to pursue an education where you can be productive, grow, and also receive pleasure; to not be afraid of making mistakes, because mistakes help us keep our originality.
                For me to be happier in acquiring my education I can study in study groups to help me remember information in a fun but more productive way.  I can take a course outside my field like photography and keep a scrap book. I can also do a class in dance or singing.  Joining more clubs and being involved in more activities can also help me be happier in school.  I need to make my education my own so I can succeed and also have happiness.
                Human beings in our society need to discover who they are so they can to see how they can be happier in attaining an education.  We need to have a "flow" in which we are doing both something pleasurable and significant. We need to be brave to be prepared to be wrong so we do not lose who we truly are. People also need to customize their education so it fits them for their present and their future.  Happiness in education can be gained by altering your education to how you are and learning capabilities.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog a lot Sasha! I think it had good details, grammar, and structure. I can connect with you when I read your blog. My study habits are more or less the same as yours. I personally prefer the TV off and my in tier environment around me quite when I'm doing homework or studying. I think you could work on organization a little to improve this blog. When you state something in the blog about a topic (example: flow) you can right after plug your own personal information about that topic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you explained your learning skills, you gave lots of details and i like how you gave examples in your paragraphs, you need to work on arranging your paragraphs better. i think it would be better if you gave more examples on human society and how it will help improve their education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your essay was really good, understanding and the examples made it even better. Try to be careful with run on sentence. Remember in your introduction you have to mention the main ideas,maybe you should have mention a little about yourself in the Introduction.It sounds like you have a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your blog entry because I learned alot about you and what you want to do. I liked how every paragraph proved a point by you using examples to relate to your evidence. There were a few errors but they were very unnoticeable. But overall I think you did a really good job =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! These are interesting examples and points. I think Andrew's advice about organization (and about more closely linking the ideas from the texts to your own experiences) are the most important areas to focus on.

    Happy Revising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for all your advice ! I am glad you all liked reading my blog. I will take all suggestions into consideration so I can improve my blog an essay skills.

    Thank You =]

    ReplyDelete